Syed Abbas Ali
M.Engg. (Computer Systems)
BE (Computer & Information Systems)
Member: IET (USA), PEC Registered Engineer
Syed Abbas Ali is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer & Information Systems Engineering at N.E.D University. He has graduated from the same department in year 1999 and has completed his Masters in Electrical Engineering with major in "Communications".
His field of interest is Data Communication & Network Security. He has taught various related courses in under graduate program:
- Computer Communication NetworksM
- Digital communication Systems
- Computer architecture and organization
He has taught following courses at post graduate level
- Computer Network Security
- Design & Analysis of Computer Communication Networks
- Information Theory & Cryptography
Syed Abbas Ali is currently pursuing his PhD Degree from N.E.D University of Engineering and Technology. The title of his Research Project is: “Machine Learning Techniques for Reducing the Effect of Noise on Speech”. Other research interests include the following:
- Speech Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Acoustic Modeling
- Pattern Recognition
Awards & Honors
- He served as the faculty incharge of 9th and 10th Anniversary Function of the department
- He served as the incharge of Computer networks & Computation laboratories.
- Received Best Teacher Award 2005 from Department of Electronics Engineering.
- S.A. Ali., et.al. “Performance Analysis of Learning Classifiers for Spoken Digit under Noisy Conditions”, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 286-289, March 2013.
- S.A. Ali. and N.G.Haider., "Performance Evaluation of Learning Classifiers for Isolated Digit Under Adverse Conditions", In Proc. of 28th IEEE Multi–topic international symposium 2013, Karachi, Pakistan. March 20-21, 2013.
- S.A. Ali., S Zehra., et.al. “Development and Analysis of Speech Emotion Corpus Using Prosodic Features for Cross Linguistic”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol. 4, Issue 1, January 2013.
- S.A. Ali. and M.F.Ahmed., “Spectral Flatness Based VAD for Speech Enhancement”, In Proc. of 2nd International Research Conference on Management, Social Sciences, Economics and Computing, SZABIST, Karachi. December 14-15, 2012
- S.A. Ali, N.G.Haider and M.K.Pathan., “Margin Based Learning: A Framework for Acoustic Model Parameter Estimation”, I.J. Intelligent Systems and Applications, Vol. 2, No.12, pp. 26-31, November 2012.
- S.A. Ali, N.G.Haider and M.K.Pathan., “A taxonomy-oriented overview of noise compensation techniques for speech recognition”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 7, pp. 825-833, July 2012.
- S.A. Ali, N.G.Haider and M.K.Pathan., “A LPC-PEV Based VAD for Word Boundary Detection”, International Journal of Electrical & Computer Sciences IJECS-IJENS Vol. 12, No.02, pp. 14-22, April 2012.
- E. Khan., S. Meraj. and S.A. Ali., "A Novel Modulation Based Solution for Adaptive Jamming Technology", In Proc. of 27th IEEE Multi–topic international symposium 2012, Karachi, Pakistan. March 14-15, 2012
- S.A. Ali, N.G.Haider and M.K.Pathan., “A Novel LPC-PEV Based Algorithm for Feature Extraction”, In Proc. of Science Technology Press (STP). International Conference of Computer Application and Education Technology, pp.114-116, Beijing, China. December 3-4, 2011.
- Khan E., Meraj S. and S.A. Ali., “A Theoretical Framework for Modulation Based Adaptive Jamming Technology”, Journal of Information & Communication Technology (JICT), Vol.5, No.2, pp. 74-79, fall 2011.
- F. Ali., S.A. Ali. and S.F. Hasan., “Cloud Computing for Network Management in the Challenged Environment”, Sindh University Research Journal (SURJ), Vol.43, 1-A, June 2011.
Back to Top