|News & Events
- Acceptance of Sana Arshad's paper in Elsevier Microelectronics Journal, April 2013, Title: "Wideband and Multiband CMOS LNAs:
State-of-the-Art and Future Prospects"
- Invited talk of Dr. Sadia Muniza Faraz on her PhD work at 3rd International Conference on Semiconductor Materials and Nano Devices, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan, April 2013
- Invited talk of Prof. Qamar-ul-Wahab on Graphene at 3rd International Conference on Semiconductor Materials and Nano Devices, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan, April 2013
- Acceptance of Hashim Raza Khan's paper in 2nd IEEE Saudi International Electronics, Communications and Photonics Conference, April 2013, Title: "A Fully Integrated Distributed Active Transformer Based Power Amplifier in 0.13µm CMOS Technology"
- Defence of PhD Thesis titled "Physical simulation, fabrication and characterization of wide band gap
semiconductor electronic and photonic devices" by Sadia Muniza Faraz, February 2013
- Vacancy for a Lab Engineer / Research Assistant
- Acceptance of Hashim Raza Khan's paper in Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing
(Springer), January 2013, Title: "A Parallel Circuit Differential Class-E Power Amplifier Using Series Capacitance"
- Funded M.Engg. thesis opportunity for NED UET postgraduate students in the domain of RFIC design (Starting from Fall 2013)
- Defence of M.Engg. Thesis titled "Electrical Characterization of Semiconductor Devices" by Asim Ahmed, January 2013
- MoU with Collaborative Microelectronic Design Excellence Centre (CEDEC), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Winter school on Introduction to RFIC Design, December 2012
- Presentation of Sana Arshad at 2012 IEEE International Conference on Electronics Design, Systems and Appications (ICEDSA 2012), Malaysia, November 6, 2012
- Acceptance of Sana Arshad & Faiza Zafar's paper in 2012 IEEE International Conference on Electronics Design, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA 2012), Malaysia, November 5-6, 2012, Title: "Design of a 4-6GHz Wideband LNA in 0.13µm CMOS Technology"
- PhD offers for ECE Faculty in the domain of RFIC
- FYP Offer for Batch: 2009-10 (ECE Faculty) in the domain of Analog and RFIC Design
- Visit of Dr. Farrukh Kamran, Professor/Chairman Trust at Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering (CASE), July 18,2012
- International Microwave Symposium (IMS), Montreal, Canada, attended by Dr. Qamar-ul-Wahab, June 17-22, 2012
- Visit of Dr. Qamar-ul-Wahab, Oman IT Chair, to TU Eindhoven, Chalmers University and Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (KTH), May 2012
- Presentation on research activities at Oman IT Office and collaborative opportunities by Dr. Qamar-ul-Wahab at NXP Semiconductors and TU Delft, N.V Netherlands, May 2012
- Presentation on research activities at NED University (especially at Oman IT office) and possible collaboration ideas by Hashim Raza Khan at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), May 2012
- Visit of Prof. Laura Shirtcliff, Oklahoma State University and Prof. Suchi Guha, University of Missouri Colambia USA, May 29-30, 2012
- Visit of Dr. Hassan Raza, Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering, The University of Iowa, USA, May 26, 2012
- Presentation of Hashim Raza Khan in 2012 Asia-Pacific Electromagnetic Compatibility Symposium and Technical Exhibition, Singapore, May 24, 2012
- Workshop on Agilent technologies T&M equipments by MUSHKO Electronics Pvt. Limited, May 15-17,2012
- Hashim Raza Khan & Abdul Raheem Qureshi attented workshop on “ Global Sales Strategies for Ambitious Pakistani Entrepreneurs” led by Kenneth P. Morse, Founding MD,MIT Entrepreneurship Center & Laura Baker Morse, MD, Entrepreneurship Ventures Inc., Islamabad, May 18-19,2012
- Hashim Raza Khan & Abdul Raheem Qureshi attented workshop on “ ICT Business Plan Development Training” led by Syed Azhar A. Rizvi Director, CAN Global Sales Strategies,Islamabad, May 04-06,2012
- Acceptance of Faiza Zafar & Sana Arshad's paper in International Journal of Electronics, June 2012, Title: "Figure of Merit for Narrowband,Wideband and Multiband LNAs"
- Dr. Zahid, Director, Advance Engineering Research Organization (AERO) and Dr. Muhammad Asghar Hashmi,Professor, Physics Department, The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur (Pakistan) visited EDC, March 28, 2012
- Acceptance of Hashim Raza Khan's paper in 2012 Asia-Pacific Electromagnetic Compatibility Symposium and Technical Exhibition, Singapore, May 21-24, 2012. Title: "Design & EM Simulation of On-chip Transformer Baluns for RF Power Amplifiers"
- Acceptance of Hashim Raza Khan's paper in 28th International Review of Progress in Applied Computational Electromagnetics, Columbus, OH, USA, April 2012. Title: " Sonnet EM Simulation of High Power Transformers for RF Power Amplifiers "
- Discussion and Presentation on "RF Power Amplifiers" by Dr. Jawad Qureshi,Principal Innovation Engineer at NXP Semiconductors N.V. Netherlands, at NED University of Engineering & Technology (January 19-21, 2012)
- Winter school on "Introduction to RFIC Design" for faculty of ECE and Final Year Project students, December 2011
- Presentation on “Electrical Characterization of Interface States in Ni/ZnO Schottky Diodes” by S. M.Faraz in MRS-2011 Fall Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, (Nov-Dec,2011)
- Presentation on 'Graphene' delivered by Dr. Qamar-ul-Wahab, Oman IT Chair, at Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan,December 2011
- Sadia Muniza Faraz presented paper in INMIC 2011 Conference,14th IEEE International Multitopic Conference, Karachi, Pakistan, December 2011. Title: " Current Transport Studies and Extraction of Series Resistance of Pd/ZnO Schottky Diode "
- Faiza Zafar presented paper in INMIC 2011 Conference,14th IEEE International Multitopic Conference, Karachi, Pakistan, December 2011. Title: " Design of a 19-22GHz Wideband LNA in 0.13um CMOS Technology Using Transmission Lines "
- Approval of a New Project (Three years duration) by ICT R&D Fund. Title: "Flexible, Reconfigurable and Power Adaptive Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communication"
- FYP Offer for Batch: 2008-09 (ECE Faculty) in the domain of Analog and RFIC Design
- Acceptance of Abdul Raheem Qureshi's paper in NED University Journal of Research (Thematic Issue on Energy), January 2012. Title: "High Efficiency Switching Classes RF Power Amplifiers in Wireless Communication"
- Sadia Muniza Faraz presented paper in Nanotech 2011 Conference and Expo, Boston, USA (June 13-16,2011). Title: "Post Fabrication Annealing Effects on Electrical and Optical Properties of n-ZnO Nanorods/p-Si Heterojunction Diodes"
- Hashim Raza Khan presented paper in 9th IEEE International NEWCAS Conference, Bordeaux, France (June 26-29,2011). Title: "A Fully Integrated Class-E Power Amplifier in 0.13µm CMOS Technology"
- Participation of Electronics Design Center in 6th Information & Communication Technology Exhibition & Conference (CONNECT), Karachi, Pakistan (May 13-15, 2011)
- Brainstorming Session with Dr. Rashad Ramzan, Associate Professor, FAST-NUCES, Islamabad (March 21-23,2011)
- Workshop on RF PCB designing delivered by Dr. Rashad Ramzan, Associate Professor, FAST-NUCES, Islamabad (March 22, 2011)
- Presentation on 'Graphene' delivered by Dr. Qamar-ul-Wahab, Oman IT Chair, at Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro (March 5, 2011)