The Directorate of Industrial Liaison (DIL) was established at NED University of Engineering & Technology in 1997. The prime objectives of DIL are to create and enhance the required university-industry linkages in the form of various activities.
DIL is since then involved in arranging internships opportunities in summer and winter vacations for students in different organizations / industries.
DIL is engaged in collecting the topics of final year engineering projects and arranging technical / practical help from the industries related with the projects. In a number of cases the industries have assigned projects to the university students with competent advisors from their organizations to help the students.
In addition, DIL arranges on perpetual basis study visits for the students and faculty at various industries and organizations to get the practical exposure of the industry.
DIL also provides assistance to the organizations / industries in respect of Research and Expert engineering services through teaching faculty to address their technical problems.
DIL encourages the prospective Employers’ for “On-Campus” hiring and facilitate them to conduct Career Counseling Sessions, Presentations, Tests and Interviews for recruitment. Many multi-national companies, some overseas employers’, local business groups and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) are availing such facilities on need basis.
DIL has recently embarked on developing Graduate Directories, arranging career fairs and pre-employment orientation programs for the graduating batches.
DIL is coordinating and motivating the students to participate in International University student level competitions, to name a few are: Shell Eco-Marathon, Solar Car Challenge and SAE Formula Car etc.
DIL promotes students to showcase their projects in Professional Expo, Shows and Fairs, NED students have earned laurels and prizes recently in Re-Engineering Pakistan 2012 and PAPS 2013.
To foster and promote the engineering profession, the Directorate is representing NED on the Standing Committee on Science Technology of the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) and the Think Tank Committee of the Institution of Engineers Pakistan (IEP).
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING SIGNED WITH INDUSTRIES / ORGANIZATIONS
The purpose of MoU is to create a long term framework of collaboration, cooperation and development of strong linkage between industry and NED on training, consultancy, research and development or any other activity which is in the interest of both 'Parties'. The industrial collaboration and linkage would provide opportunity to students and faculty of NED for training, consultancy, R&D and exposure of professional practices while industry would be benefited in resolving their technical/managerial issues through local solutions. The collaboration would bring positive impact on environment and society.
NEWS & EVENTS:
|Dr. Muhammad Amir Qureshi
|Syed Kabeer Ehsan
Mr. Ayaz Ali Pitafi
|P.A to Director||2274|
|Mr. Khurram Tirmizi
Mr. Anwar Ali
Mr. Fareed Ibrahim
1. Directorate will be responsible to arrange Internship for Third Year students of all disciplines during Summer/Winter vacations.
2. Third year (TE) Class Advisor/Focal Person of each discipline will coordinate with DIL to help in following activities as: a. Disseminating information of internships among TE students. b. Short listing of TE students as per available guidelines when required. c. Helping DIL in smooth internship test/interview drive and onward placements. d. Coordinating industries during internships for students monitoring as per prescribe ‘Internship Monitoring Mechanism’.
3. DIL will communicate/interact with industries and other organizations requesting internship opportunities (Internship Request Letter) for TE students. The mode of communication may be through letters, emails, telephones calls, Fax, and /or personal visits.
4. DIL will upload received internships at TE Internship portal.
5. Students will apply for their desired internship and will upload their CV's/or any other relevant document(s) as per instruction of DIL/Industries, at portal before/on mentioned date. (Students shall be shortlisted by DIL on the basis of their Merit number/CGPA).
6. DIL will forward the list of shortlisted (through Portal as per Merit/CGPA) students to the companies. Each Company will intimate/confirm short listed students directly/through DIL /TE Class Advisors.
7. After Internees confirmation DIL will issue ‘Letter of Nomination for Internship and duties as internee’ to internees from Directorate.
8. DIL will provide document of ‘Internship Monitoring Mechanism’ to TE Class Advisors, they will monitor and will take follow-up of internees from assigned supervisor(s) of companies in provided format during the Internships as per guidelines of Internship Monitoring Mechanism.
9. On completing internships TE CAs will collect ‘Internship Assessment Form/ Progress Report’ from the internees/industries and then will send at DIL office.
10. DIL will collect ‘Internees Internship Feedback Form’ (to be filled by student after completing their Internship) through their CAs. CA will responsible to submit them at DIL office collectively/or students may submit directly at DIL office.
11. In case if any department arranges internships for their TE students, then department will be liable to forward relevant information’s to DIL office and will also be responsible to fulfil all requirements as mentioned above .
12. In case if any student avails internship on Self Basis, then he/she will send request letter of ‘Self Internship Application Form’ with the approval of TE CA/Chairperson to DIL office, DIL then will issue and handover letter on Self basis to concerned internee through TE-CA/ Chairpersons or directly to internee. Internee will responsible to submit ‘Internship Assessment Feedback Form’, and ‘Internees Internship Feedback Forms’ (to be filled by student after completing their Internship) and other relevant documents to TE CA/DIL office. TE CA will submit all relevant documents of internee to DIL office for further assessment where required.
13. DIL will collect all Feedback Forms and will send them to Chairpersons/ QEC-NED for analysis and recommendations.
14. DIL/Department (in case if department arranges internships) will send ‘Letter of Acknowledgement’, to industry.
15. DIL will responsible to prepare department wise internship report (as per internship formats
16.Summary of Summer/ Winter Internships for the year along with compiled Graphs and/ or KPIs i.) and submit to Chairpersons, Pro-Vice Chancellor/Vice Chancellor. DIL will also responsible to provide Department wise Internships break-up and compiled Graphs to Chairpersons / Deans.
1. All teaching departments can avail the services of Directorate of Industrial Liaison for arranging study visits of students/faculty.
2. The Class Advisor/Faculty/ through concerned Chairperson will send request in writing for arranging study visits. (If in case for FYP visit, “Request to issue letter for Industrial Visit” will be forwarded at DIL.
3. DIL will request through (Request for Students Industrial Visit) the relevant industries/ organisations for these study visits.
4. After receiving offer/ invitation for any study visit, Director Industrial Liaison will inform/confirm the concerned Chairperson/Faculty/Class Advisor and will send confirmation to the organisation. Concerned teaching department will responsible for making all other arrangements like transportation and will also coordinate with all students/faculty during the visit planned. CA/Faculty will also be responsible to make this visit smooth and disciplined specially during the visit of company.
5. In case if department arranges Study Visit(s), then department will be liable to forward relevant information(s) at DIL office.
6. DIL will collect ‘Industrial Visit Feedback Form’ from CA/Faculty/ Company and will send them to Chairpersons/ QEC for analysis and recommendations.
7. DIL/Department (in case if department arranges visit) will send ‘Letter of Acknowledgement’, to industry.
8. DIL will responsible to prepare summary of Study Visits as per KPI’s.
Job Placement Activities
1. DIL will responsible for arranging Career Fair and Career Counselling Sessions on yearly basis.
2. Template of ‘Job Placement Form (JPF)’ will be forwarded to all students of final year students through Final Year Class Advisors/Focal Persons. Concerned CA/FP will responsible to submit JPFs at DIL before/on the date mentioned.
3. DIL will responsible to collect Profile Performa i.e. Job Placement Form of all final year students of all disciplines, in start of Fall Semester (Last Semester).
4. DIL will intimate industries (through sending letters (Recruitment of Fresh Graduates) /emails/telephone/personal visits etc.) regarding NED’s graduating batches, for hiring purpose/On-Campus hiring.
5. Based on the recommendations of employers, DIL will make arrangement for On-Campus hiring i.e. Company Presentation/Registration/Short Listing/Tests/interviews. DIL will also responsible to arrange venue and schedule of hiring graduates/graduating students, at NED if requested by employers
6. DIL will notify all informations (Fresh and/or Experienced Graduates) regarding Employers for hiring/On-Campus hiring through Flyers/Notices (Hard copies at Notice Boards/Posting at DIL/NED website/Students Portal) to concerned CAs/FPs.
7. DIL will prepare a short list (based on their Merit/CGPA of latest result available/or by any other means as per instruction of employer), if instructed by employer.
8. Based on the employers request via letters/emails/telephones/personal visits etc., DIL will provide Graduate Directories (JPFs) to employers along with available latest Merit List published by Examination Department-NED University of Engineering & Technology/or any other recommendation(s) by employer.
9. DIL will send and collect ‘Employer Survey” and ‘Alumni Survey’ Forms from employers and will send them to Chairpersons/QEC-NED for analysis and recommendations.
10. DIL will send ‘Letter of Acknowledgement’ for recruitment of graduates, to industry for conducting On-Campus hiring.
11. DIL will prepare ‘Job Placement Status of Graduates (Batch:___) & ‘Employment Status’ and will responsible to share it with concerned Chairpersons/ Deans.
Final Year Projects
1. DIL will arrange Industry based FYP (Final Year Project) for final year students of all disciplines.
2. DIL will write project request letter (Request for Topics/Suggestions of FYP (Final Year Projects)) to industries to assign project titles/ along with ‘Project Proposal’ Form.
3. DIL will upload received industry based Project Titles on Final Year Project Portal along with company details and will share it with Projects Coordinators (Focal Person of FYP (Final Year Projects) of concerned department.
4. DIL will receive nominations of 3-5 FYP group members through Final Year Projects Coordinator/Chairperson.
5. On confirmation of concerned department, (DIL will send ‘Letter of Acknowledgement for proposals of FYP’ to company with name and contact details of Faculty Project Advisor (FPA) for further correspondence at department level. In case if FYP proposal of company is not allocated at department(s) then DIL will also intimate company with thanks via email.
6. Faculty Project Advisor (FPA) will responsible to communicate external advisor (company) during the whole session of project from start to end. Faculty Project Advisor (FPA) will also be responsible to send invitation(s) to external advisor for any assessment/evaluation of Final Year Projects (FYP) required where applicable.
7. Faculty Project Advisor (FPA) will responsible to submit Final Year Projects (FYP) report to external advisor of the company, where required. Students will deliver final presentation in company in acquiring and submission of Project Completion Certificate from company.
8. DIL will responsible to prepare summary of FYPs (Final Year Projects) as per KPIs.
|INDUS MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED|
|PAK SUZUKI MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED|
|ATLAS HONDA LIMITED|
|NATIONAL REFINERY LTD.|
|GHANDHARA NISSAN LTD.|
EA CONSULTING PVT LTD
|MOL PAKISTAN OIL & GAS CO.B.V.|
|GUL AHMED TEXTILE MILLS LIMITED|
|PAK ARAB REFINERY LIMITED|
|GENERAL TYRE & RUBBER CO. OF PAKISTAN LTD.|
|PARAGON CONSTRUCTORS (PVT) LTD.|
|PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY LTD|
|PAKISTAN STATE OIL COMPANY LTD.|
|BULLEH SHAH PACKAGING|
|COLGATE PALMOLIVE PAKISTAN|
|POWER CEMENT LIMITED|
|CORZEE TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD.|
FEROZE 1888 MILLS LTD.
|HILAL FOODS PVT. LTD.|
|LOTTE CHEMICAL PAKISTAN|
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO. LTD
|ARPATECH PVT. LTD.|
|COCA-COLA BEVERAGES PAKISTAN LTD.|
|NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES LTD.|
ABBOTT LABORATORIES PAKISTAN LIMITED
|WORKFORCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PVT. LTD.|
|NATIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES PAKISTAN PVT LTD NESPAK|
Job Openings (Experienced):
FINAL YEAR ENGG PROJECTS :
|Arrangement of final year engineering projects|
- Annual Report
ANNUAL REPORT :
|Annual Report 2016-17|
|Annual Report 2015-16|
|Annual Report 2014-15|
|Annual Report 2013-14|
|Directorate of Industrial Liaison
NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
99261261-8 Ext. 2274, 2218