Bilingual Literary Recital Contest 2011
Posted On Thursday, 03rd March 2011 | Comments
Carried out very studiously, this year’s Literary Recital contest achieved its goals in every manner that was required. Its aim was to create interest in the minds of students towards Literature. It urged them to present themselves in front of many, in a persuasive manner, thereby motivating & persuading the rest in various spheres, scenarios & conditions of life.
The winners along with the areas which were managed by the organizers & the faculty members are enlisted below:
|Umaima Aamir||English Prose||TE-ME|
|Syed Bilal Farhat||English Poetry||SE-ME|
|Aurangzaib Alamgir||Urdu Prose||BE-TC|
|Taqveen Nawaz||Urdu Poetry||BE-EL|
- Umaima Aamir, who recited with extreme passion in her voice, brought tears in the eyes of the audience.
- Syed Bilal Farhat recited beautifully a piece from the English poetry & captured the audience.
- Aurangzaib Alamgir recited in Urdu with extreme vigor & gained everybody’s attention.
- Taqveen Nawaz won the hearts of every one present in the auditorium, by her excellent & extremely persuasive recitation of Urdu poetry.
The Chief Guest:
- The Chief Guest, Professor Dr. Muhammad Tufail, was very pleased with this event, giving positive comments in his address to the audience.
The Event Co ordinators:
- Dr. Sajda Zaki & Ms. Uzma Riyaz fulfilled their responsibilities with complete devotion. Without them this event could not have taken place. They managed the organizers and took care of the invitations for the Chief Guest as well as the Judges.
- Mr. Muhammad Fareed Dar & Madam Dilshad Akber Ali, rightly judged all the contestants & played their role with complete devotion.
- Appreciated by the event coordinators, comparers Sheema Ghani & Zermeena Khan did a great job in hosting the event.
- In an organized manner, they managed all messages to and from the Stage & Faculty.
The Organizers & Volunteers:
- All the organizers (including the comparers) were devotedly working in their respective duties.
- Muhammad Ali Khatri who designed all the certificates, cards & banners.
- Ahsan Ahmed who managed the volunteers, proceedings of the program & the audience, along with Asad Rafique & Osama Shah.
- Sumayya Gohar who, with full responsibility, kept a check on the time taken by each participant in delivering their literature.
- The organizers managed this area with complete responsibility as well.
- With the Chief Guest, the Faculty members & the participants, the environment of the Staff Centre was very pleasing & healthy.
- In a nutshell, this year the BLRC, was handled superbly by the Event coordinators & the organizers. With many lessons yet to learn, the students of this University will put up an even better organization for the year 2012.